منتدى المعرفة البيطرية
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

عزيزي الزائر / عزيزتي الزائرة

يرجى التكرم بالدخول... اذا كنت عضوا معنا او التسجيل اذا كنت طبيبا بيطريا ولم تسجل سابقا كعضو بالمنتدى

لذا نرغب وبكل محبة في انضمامكم الى اسرة الاطباء البيطريين العراقيين
ونتشرف بزيارتكم للموقع وتسجيلكم معنا

تقبلوا خالص الشكر والتقدير

المدير العام للمنتدى
منتدى المعرفة البيطرية
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

عزيزي الزائر / عزيزتي الزائرة

يرجى التكرم بالدخول... اذا كنت عضوا معنا او التسجيل اذا كنت طبيبا بيطريا ولم تسجل سابقا كعضو بالمنتدى

لذا نرغب وبكل محبة في انضمامكم الى اسرة الاطباء البيطريين العراقيين
ونتشرف بزيارتكم للموقع وتسجيلكم معنا

تقبلوا خالص الشكر والتقدير

المدير العام للمنتدى
منتدى المعرفة البيطرية
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

منتدى المعرفة البيطرية

منتدى متخصص للاطباء البيطريين..يشمل العلوم البيطرية والبحوث والدراسات والتجارب الحقليه البيطرية

الرئيسيةالرئيسية  البوابةالبوابة  أحدث الصورأحدث الصور  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول    
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم
اعلان...CAUTION
--------------------------------- تنبيه: لقد تم غلق معظم نوافذ المنتدى للزوار فعلى الجميع الدخول والتسجيل لرؤية جميع النوافذ المغلقة ........ ناسف لازعاجكم / المدير العام ********--------------------------------- CAUTION: I have been shut down most of the windows forum for visitors, everyone must register and login to see all the windows closed .......... We regret the inconvenience / General Manager
الساعة الان
بتوقيت العراق الحبيب
أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا المنتدى
Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili
Diagnosing megaesophagus I_vote_rcapDiagnosing megaesophagus I_voting_barDiagnosing megaesophagus I_vote_lcap 
noor2003
Diagnosing megaesophagus I_vote_rcapDiagnosing megaesophagus I_voting_barDiagnosing megaesophagus I_vote_lcap 
Jamal Albnh
ibrahem
dr.Mayce alreem
dr Mithaq
Dr. Tuhfa
د اياد عبد الكريم شكر
سارة احمد
Dr. Hanaa
المواضيع الأخيرة
» صرخة طبيب بيطري
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالإثنين فبراير 10, 2020 10:10 pm من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» زيارة الدكتور صلاح فاضل عباس مدير عام الشركة العامة للبيطرة الى م ب نينوى
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالأربعاء فبراير 05, 2020 12:15 am من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» الرجاء المساعدة
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالثلاثاء أكتوبر 22, 2019 10:03 pm من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» اسعار الكلاب في مصر 2019
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالجمعة يونيو 21, 2019 1:01 am من طرف eslamnabil

» للمعرفه
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالجمعة أبريل 12, 2019 9:00 am من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» اغتيال الدكتور حسن خنيفس سعيد
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالسبت فبراير 02, 2019 12:16 am من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» شهداء الطب البيطري
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالأربعاء يناير 02, 2019 8:37 am من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» رسالة صريحة
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالأربعاء أكتوبر 17, 2018 11:45 pm من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» مهنة الطبيب البيطري بين الضياع والبطالة
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالأربعاء أكتوبر 17, 2018 11:29 pm من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» التحري عن مرض انفلونزا الطيور / الشعبة الوبائية
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالأربعاء أكتوبر 17, 2018 11:00 pm من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» اهم ادوية الدواجن
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالجمعة أكتوبر 05, 2018 9:05 pm من طرف عادل ابراهيم زهران

» جواز سفر للكلب
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالإثنين يوليو 10, 2017 11:15 pm من طرف Dr. Mohannad Al-Waili

» اهم الامراض المشتركة بين الانسان والحيوان
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالأحد مارس 12, 2017 2:10 pm من طرف مصعب محمد

» تنعي المستشفى
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالجمعة مارس 10, 2017 5:50 pm من طرف د.نعمان

» الشهيد د. حيدر خلف الشمري
Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالأربعاء فبراير 08, 2017 5:23 pm من طرف Dr.Hussein Alawsi

المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 11 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 11 زائر :: 1 روبوت الفهرسة في محركات البحث

لا أحد

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 809 بتاريخ الجمعة سبتمبر 30, 2016 9:05 am
عدد زوار المنتدى

زوار المنتدى
free counters
المساعدة برفع الملفات والصور
تسجيل صفحاتك المفضلة في مواقع خارجية
تسجيل صفحاتك المفضلة في مواقع خارجية reddit      

قم بحفض و مشاطرة الرابط المعرفة veterinaryknowledge البيطرية على موقع حفض الصفحات

قم بحفض و مشاطرة الرابط منتدى المعرفة البيطرية على موقع حفض الصفحات

Diagnosing megaesophagus

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
وليد القيسي
طبيب بيطري متميز
طبيب بيطري متميز
وليد القيسي

الدلو عدد المساهمات : 513
نقاط : 749
السٌّمعَة : 9
تاريخ الميلاد : 14/02/1965
تاريخ التسجيل : 13/03/2010
العمر : 59

Diagnosing megaesophagus Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Diagnosing megaesophagus   Diagnosing megaesophagus Icon_minitimeالثلاثاء أبريل 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Diagnosing megaesophagus in dogs and cats

by Allison Zwingenberger on April 2, 2007

Megaesophagus is one of those conditions that covers a broad range of severity. The esophagus can have a mild, focal motility problem, or the entire organ may be dilated and functioning poorly. In addition to the variety of radiographic appearances, there are many causes of megaesophagus in dogs and cats, from myasthenia gravis to idiopathic. It can be hard to decide what is a variation of normal, and what qualifies as an esophageal motility problem.
[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذه الصورة]There are a few variations in the normal appearance of the esophagus that you should recognize. The first one is a small amount of air in the cervical esophagus, just caudal to the cricopharyngeus muscle (image 1). I see this from time to time, and it often outlines the cricopharyngeus muscle, or upper esophageal sphincter, that lies dorsal to the laryngeal cartilages. The muscle appears sausage shaped, and the air is usually triangular in shape. The cricopharyngeus sometimes gets mistaken for a foreign body because of its size.
[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذه الصورة]The second variation of normal is a triangular pocket of air in the thoracic esophagus, just cranial to the heart base. Finally, if you are taking three-view thoracic series (a very good idea for diagnosing metastases and pneumonia), you’ll often see some fluid in the caudal esophagus on the left lateral projection (image 2). I think this is because the esophagus and cardia of the stomach are on the left, and the increased pressure from abdominal organs causes some reflux of gastric contents. The key to recognizing all of these variations of normal is that they are transient. If you take another radiograph, they should be gone.
So when do I diagnose megaesophagus? The normal small amounts of air and fluid in the esophagus are normal, but if there are more than usual, or the esophagus is dilated along a larger portion of its length, I will describe it as megaesophagus (image 3). It’s also supportive if you have more than one radiograph with the same abnormality, meaning that it’s a persistent change.
[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذه الصورة]Sometimes megaesophagus is not visible at all on plain radiographs. If the animal has signs of a swallowing disorder, you’ll need an esophagram to make the diagnosis. When the megaesophagus is more severe or static, administering some liquid barium and taking a radiograph will be enough to show you the outline of the dilated esophagus. Fluoroscopy is very valuable in more subtle cases since you can watch the motility in real time.
The most common cause of focal megaesophagus that I see is esophagitis. It usually occurs in the caudal thoracic esophagus, and can be a primary disease, or secondary to another disorder such as hiatal hernia. This type might only be visible on fluoroscopy, so it’s a very valuable imaging technique. Liquid barium is usually enough to make the diagnosis. Barium-soaked kibble can also be helpful in cases where there is an additional problem such as an esophageal stricture.
Once you have made the diagnosis of megaesophagus, keep in mind that additional radiographs or fluoroscopy could be indicated. Imaging is very useful in monitoring response to treatment for megaesophagus, or for following secondary disease such as aspiration pneumonia (* in image 3). Fluoroscopy can also help to diagnose additional esophageal problems such as dyssynchrony of the swallowing mechanism, hiatal hernia, or esophageal masses or strictures.
Diagnosing megaesophagus:

• recognize variations of normal (transient)
  • persistent abnormal dilation of the esophagus with gas or fluid
  • if static, plain radiographs may be all you need
  • use fluoroscopy in cases of less severe or dynamic disease
  • follow up imaging for response to treatment and monitoring of complications such as aspiration pneumonia
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Diagnosing megaesophagus
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتدى المعرفة البيطرية :: English Veterinary Forum :: General Topics-
انتقل الى: